Friday, April 2, 2010

My New Best Friend


As a new mother, next to lack of sleep, the hardest thing for me to adjust to is that it now takes double the time to prepare to go somewhere. For example, today I was going to take Emma Kathryn to the store to see Micah and the people he works with. I fed her and got her to sleep thinking I would have time to get ready while she slept. She had other things in mind. She slept long enough for me to shower and dry half of my hair but that was it. She started getting fussy and so I stopped getting ready and tried to calm her down, with no luck. I knew Micah was waiting on us and if we were going to get to Cordova before closing time I had to come up with a solution fast. That's when I remembered my Snuggle. If you have a baby and haven't used one I highly recommend it. I put her in that thing and she was asleep in about 2 min. I then was hands free to dry my hair and get my makeup done. Why hadn't I thought of that thing earlier I don't know but I will never forget it.
I had always seen parents using these but had never been a fan. To me it always looked uncomfortable for the baby because they were just hanging there. Boy was I wrong. I will be using the Snuggle while I do laundry, cleaning, getting ready and so forth. Now I no longer have to try to hold her with one hand and fix hair with another.

Well I guess I will stop blogging for tonight. My baby is sleeping soundly for now and hopefully we will have another good night.






No comments: